Routines. We all have them, but most of us have a hard time juggling all the things that life throws at us. Getting the kids ready for school and off to soccer or dance practice, finding time to work out, grocery shop, or clean the house, while still finding the time to slow down and relax. With all of that activity, how often do we stop to evaluate our overall health routine?
When it comes to your health, you’re the one in charge. Take simple steps to achieve a healthier you by keeping the following tips in mind:
• Drink lots of water – The benefits of drinking water are well known, with experts recommending that we drink, on average, eight glasses of water a day – but any little bit helps to keep your body hydrated and in balance. Keep a reusable bottle with you at all times and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
• Brush, rinse, repeat – Good oral care is an important part of your overall health routine. Gingivitis, an early form of gum disease, if left unchecked can progress to periodontitis, a more severe and irreversible form of gum disease which if left unchecked, can lead to systemic health issues such as stroke, heart disease, and diabetes. Help improve the health of your mouth with Colgate Total Advanced Health Daily Repair toothpaste and mouthwash. This healthy mouth duo can help reduce gingivitis in four weeks, with results improving with continued use.
• Stay active – One of the keys to healthy living is physical activity, and one of the best ways to get started is by taking it one step at a time. Go for a bike ride, attend a yoga class, grab a friend and head out for a walk. Find an activity you enjoy doing, and you’ll be more likely to keep up with it.
• Eat smart – Maintain a balanced diet. Eat a variety of foods from each of the four major food groups.
• Banish bad breath- Bad breath can make a business meeting or first date very uncomfortable. Most people who experience bad breath are unaware that they even have it. The primary source of bad breath or “halitosis” is the bacteria that live in our mouths, especially on the tongue. Using a germ-fighting toothpaste and mouthwash as part of your daily oral hygiene routine may improve your oral health and even your social life.
Bad breath can be caused by a number of factors including:
• Dental issues, such as poor oral hygiene, gingivitis, and periodontal disease;
• Improper cleansing of dentures;
• Dry mouth, which can decrease bacterial clearance;
• Mouth, nose, and throat issues;
• Systemic disease such as diabetes, lung infections or gastrointestinal conditions.
The good news is that there are simple, self-care techniques that can make a real impact on bad breath. Take the first steps to a healthier mouth with Colgate Total Advanced Health Daily Repair toothpaste and mouthwash. This healthy mouth duo can help reduce gingivitis in four weeks, with results improving with continued use. Not only does it help to kill the bacteria causing bad breath but it may give you a renewed sense of confidence.